NYX The Night
Hotel Opening Party
24 June 2017, Milan
Design the NYX Hotel opening party in Milan, creating a trendy, memorable and outstanding branded event, with a recognizable and specific concept in order to make the NYX Hotel a new spot for local creatives, clubbers and VIPs.
How was the party? Play the videos and take a look at the aftermovie and the TV report.
«I am thankful for this great and very successful party.
It was a lot of work, but Silvia did a great job
and was great in bearing and handling all the last-minute changes.
I felt it was the right choice for this very important night
as soon as I saw her presentation.
I look forward for the next collaboration»
- Jan Heringa, NYX Hotel Brand Manager
NYX The Night is the new event concept created to make the NYX Hotel in Milan a new meeting place for local eccentric city lovers, creatives, artists, clubbers, influencers, VIPs, fashion addicts and all the trendy people of the night.
NYX Hotel Milan wanted to open not just a hotel, but a lifestyle hub, where to "expect the unexpected" it's possible, going beyond the ordinary type of accommodation.
From the delicious food offered by the gourmet Clash Restaurant, the wide selection of liquors and tantalizing cocktails, the local art promoted by astonishing artworks of Milanese street artists as part of the hotel design, to music parties, fashion guests and all the creative experiences.
A melting pot of possibilities that wants to become a cool, original, variegated and multicoloured new city spot where people can live any kind of experience.
For this reason, according to client's brief and request, NYX The Night was created, a branded event to showcase the Hotel at its best.
CONCEPT & DEVELOPMENT
- Study and analysis of the NYX Hotel brand together with NYX Hotel Milan future goals and impact within the city
- Study, research and analysis of Milan nightlife and lifestyle trends, identifying possible competitors and eventual partnerships
- Extensive and consistent visual and textual research in order to seek inspirations and create an effective proposal responding properly to client brief
- Development of event targeting and positioning, working collaboratively with the client and the agency team
- Concept creation and developing of a "classy&sassy" branded party, programming some corporate and institutional moments at the beginning of the night followed by extravagant, exclusive and creative elements as special guests, live music and dance performances.
BUDGETING & PROJECT MANAGEMENT
- Handling of meetings, face to face and e-mail direct relationship with the client, vendors and staff
- Handling of pre-event scheduling, party programming, guests management and stage timeline
- Handled 5000+ party invitations interacting with several PR resources, ensuring the overall guest list was in line with client requests
- Management of a €150K+ event budget, ensuring expenses were in line with client requests
- Research and management of several types of vendors and suppliers as audio/light/stage staff, performers, press office, and set up producers, handling cost negotiation, and building effective working relationships while also taking account of client's requests.
EVENT COPYWRITING & CONTENT
- Creation, writing and design of an effective project presentation and face to face speeches to the client
- Creation, writing and design of the overall event feeling, concept, and content - take a look at the event Manifesto here
- Creation and writing of event name, logo, headline and claim
- Developed the marketing material needed as graphics, creative templates, backdrops, onsite signage, gadgets and GIF email invitations - take a look at the GIF sample here
- Operated as an artistic consultant and advisor, choosing the right music and artistic feeling for the party, searching and scouting potential event guests, ensuring the choices were fitting the overall event concept and client's requests
- Handled contracts, bookings, transport, accommodation for all event guests
- Management of special guests, artists, performers, DJs, influencers, VIPs and musicians needed for the party, handling contract, cost negotiations. and royalty fees
- Built effective working relationships while taking account of client's requests.
- Visited and evaluated the indoor and outdoor venue areas several times in order to arrange agreements with the hotel management and provide for the right audio, light, stage and set up
- Handled and scheduled set up productions as backdrops, carpets, totems, coordinating 10+ vendors
- Planned and coordinated logistics, managed vendors, ensured proper setup and productions as established by the client, while having clear all the possible risks and critical aspects
- Managed and supervised events execution on-site, being ready to handle every unexpected event.
• Managed a staff of 20+ as hostess, audio and lights team, performers, guests, musicians.
The project has been presented through a presentation you can browse here below.